Possible Defenses to Help You Keep Your Home
If you have defaulted on your mortgage, have received notification of foreclosure, or fear that you will default on your mortgage, do not think that you are alone. In an unstable economic environment, it has become increasingly harder for homeowners across the nation to afford their homes.
Facing foreclosure could be incredibly overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be. At The Golden Law Group, the Brandon bankruptcy lawyers can inform you of the options to keep your home and avoid foreclosure.
We serve throughout Brandon, Tampa, and Bradenton! Call a foreclosure defense attorney at The Golden Law Group at (813) 699-4911 today. Your initial consultation is free of charge!
What Are My Options Against Foreclosure?
Your foreclosure defense options may include the following:
- Filing for bankruptcy - filing for Chapter 13 can often allow you to make more affordable payments on your mortgage
- Deed in lieu - giving the deed of your home to a lender can prevent foreclosure
- Government assistance - programs are available for struggling homeowners, such as the Home Affordable Modification Program or Home Affordable Refinance Program
- Loan reinstatement - allows you to make up missed payments by another date
- Loan modification - altering the terms of a loan can allow you to make more affordable payments or convert the loan from an adjustable rate to a fixed rate
- Forbearance - allows you to make reduced payments or no payment for a specified amount of time and make up the difference at a later time
- Negotiation - negotiating with a lender can help create options for more affordable payment plans, paying back a loan over a longer period of time, or other options
Protect Your Home with a Former Chapter 13 Trustee
As a former staff attorney for a Chapter 13 trustee, Attorney G. Donald Golden has an intensive knowledge of how the other side thinks. He has reviewed and represented clients in court, including at all levels of state bankruptcy courts. Because he can foresee potential problems or hurdles in any consumer debt matter, Attorney Golden can be trusted to protect your best interests at all times.
The Golden Law Group isn't afraid to take on major collection agencies or other government entities. When someone else is trying to take your home, Attorney Golden can exercise every aspect of his legal knowledge, ethical ability, and trial experience to help you achieve the best possible result.
Affordable Payment Plans & Risk-Free Evaluations
Do not assume that you will automatically lose your home! With the right representation, an attorney can help discuss many legal options that could help you keep your home and protect your investment. Never give up on your home until you have spoken with a lawyer who can help you protect your home, safeguard your rights, and rebuild your credit score.
If you wish to learn more about your potential options, contact with a Brandon foreclosure defense attorney at The Golden Law Group. Our secondary office is in Tampa. Call today!