Creditor Harassment Lawyer in Brandon
The Golden Law Group Can Protect Your Rights
Have you been threatened or abused by a creditor? Are you tired of receiving constant phone calls from abusive debt collectors? If so, you need to understand that you have rights during this time. When you are suffering because of financial burdens, the last thing you need is more stress. Allow the legal team at The Golden Law Group to handle your claim. The attorneys stand ready to listen to your side of the story, take swift action, and ensure that an abusive creditor pays for any misconduct that caused you anxiety.
Lead Attorney G. Donald Golden is board certified in consumer bankruptcy law by the American Board of Certification. This status establishes his premier legal specialization and expertise in the area of consumer bankruptcy. When it comes to standing up for the rights of Floridian consumer debtors who have been victimized by creditor harassment, trust The Golden Law Group.
Examples of Creditor Harassment or Abuse
While most creditors exercise caution and follow the rules clearly stated in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, some do not. Engaging in harassing, abusive, or violent behavior in an effort to collect money from you is prohibited by law. If a debt collector has crossed the line and harassed you, you need to contact an attorney as soon as possible.
- Debt collectors are prohibited from doing any of the following:
- Using threats, obscene language, or violence to obtain money
- Calling at an unreasonable time of day
- Placing phone calls to you without identifying themselves as bill collectors
- Contacting an employer or contacting you at work
- Claiming that you owe more money than you actually do
- Saying that you will be imprisoned if you do not pay the debt owed
- Adding unauthorized fees, charges, or interest
- Contacting any third party other than your attorney to obtain money
Many other examples of illegal activity have been laid out in the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act. If you suspect that your rights have been violated in any way, do not hesitate to ask for help. The Golden Law Group knows your rights and can take swift legal action against an abusive debt collector to safeguard your rights and protect your interests.
Call an Affordable Bankruptcy Attorney in Brandon Today
Don’t let your story go unheard. Many consumer debtors are unaware of their rights, and unfortunately, this lack of knowledge has allowed countless creditors to get away with misconduct. By asserting your rights and standing up to a creditor that has crossed the line, you can hold creditors responsible for abuse.