Tampa Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer
Call (813) 699-4911 for a Free Consultation with a Board-Certified Specialist!
The Golden Law Group is a bankruptcy firm in Tampa devoted to helping individuals reach effective solutions to their financial struggles. As a board certified specialist in consumer bankruptcy, attorney G. Donald Golden has been deemed as an expert in his field. This means that when you come to our team for assistance with your financial difficulties, you can trust that you are working with a team that is greatly equipped to assist you.
Contact us online or call (813) 699-4911 to schedule a free consultation. Our Tampa Chapter 13 attorney can determine if you're eligible to file and if this option works best for you. Call The Golden Law Group today. Our offices are located in Tampa and Brandon.
Why File for Chapter 13?
Chapter 13 can protect your car from repossession with a similar strategy regarding your car payments. Filing can also reduce monthly payments on student loans or government debts. You can include these costs in your payment plan and can avoid accruing arrears and penalties. Additionally, Chapter 13 does not have as big of an impact on the individual's credit report as other choices. Creditors know that you are meeting your obligations and have the cash flow to slowly pay them back.
Other benefits of Chapter 13:
- Put an end to living paycheck to paycheck
- Filing triggers an automatic stop which ends harassment from creditors and debt collectors
- End wage garnishments
- Eliminate your debt and start rebuilding credit
- Gain the peace of mind that you deserve
How Chapter 13 Works
Filing for Chapter 13 is more difficult than Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If you are eligible for this option, you will propose a 3 to 5 year repayment plan to your creditors and the bankruptcy court. In the event that the creditors and the bankruptcy trustee object to your plan, you may make changes until they are satisfied and they approve it at your confirmation hearing.
To begin the filing process, you must complete a mandatory credit counseling course that is approved by the U.S. Trustee’s office. It may cost around $25 - $35 per course. When you complete the official bankruptcy forms, you must present your certificate of completion for credit counseling, and pay a filing fee with the bankruptcy court clerk. For more detailed guidance on the filing process, reach out to our Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer in Tampa today!
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Eligibility
Not everyone with debt can file for Chapter 13. In order to file, you must meet these requirements:
- You must have a regular income.
- Your tax returns and payments must be up-to-date.
Your debt cannot exceed the limits. These change every 3 years. As of April
2019, the limits are:
- Unsecured Debt (examples: credit cards and personal loans): $419,275
- Secured Debt (examples: mortgage or car loans): $1,257,850
- You cannot qualify if you filed in the last 180 days and your case was dismissed because you failed to appear or did not comply with the court.
- You cannot qualify if you have already been granted a discharge for Chapter 13 in the last 2 years or via Chapter 7, 11, and 12 in the last 4 years.
We serve Tampa and Brandon! Contact us
online or call (813) 699-4911 for a free consultation!
We understand that it may be a difficult time for you and our Tampa Chapter 13 lawyer is here to help you out.
Will Bankruptcy Ruin My Credit?
Perhaps one of the greatest myths about bankruptcy refers to the fact that bankruptcy will ruin a credit score for a lifetime. Though it is true that bankruptcies can remain on a credit score for 7 to 10 years, it is important to note that you can take steps to repair your credit. Soon, you will be eligible to receive loans, credit cards, or even buy your own home or car. Our Tampa Chapter 13 lawyers at Golden Law Group can help you every step of the way to your fresh start.
How to Prepare for Chapter 13
To ensure that your filing goes through smoothly, it helps to have the proper documentation with you. For more detailed information, reach out to our Chapter 13 attorney in Tampa.
What need to file Chapter 13:
- Most recent tax return
- Last few months' payroll stubs
- Recent bank statements
- Recent credit card statements
- Current copy of your credit report
See What Our Former Clients Have to Say
- "The Golden Law Group is a true model for legal efficiency. I know that Don's admired around the country on how he treats his clients and how darn happy they are with his service! If you need help...this is the firm to go to." - Jason K.
- "This practice deserves more than 5 stars. For such a tough situation working with everyone at the office was great from front to back. Jennifer, Jordan, Kelly, Don and everyone else are very professional and answered all my questions. I was never left hanging or unsure of something. Would recommend to anyone with no hesitation." - Mary Ann Lorenzo
Begin Your Fresh Start Today. Call (813) 699-4911 for a Free Consultation!
At the Golden Law Group, our founding attorney G. Donald, Gold Esq. has decades of experience. If you are struggling with debt, he is prepared to discuss your options and find the most suitable solution in your situation. If you need help stopping creditor harassment, foreclosure, or need a plan against repossession, or have questions about Chapter 13 bankruptcy, he is here for you.
Want to Know More? Get a Free Copy of Our Book!
In "Bankruptcy in Florida", G. Donald Golden answers some general bankruptcy concerns, such as: How do I know if I should file for bankruptcy? Click here to request your free copy today!
Learn more about Chapter 13 and The Golden Law Group in our video below:
Call (813) 699-4911 for a free evaluation with our Chapter 13 attorney in Tampa! We are ready to answer any of your questions!